This Board is responsible for the implementation of the GLAM Digital Strategy Programme including initiating projects, securing funding for them and monitoring projects as they progress. It is chaired by Richard Ovenden (Bodley’s Librarian) and has members from across all the GLAM units and beyond who have particular expertise in the use of appropriate digital technologies.
The Board acts as the default ‘Digital Content IT Board’ for the University’s IT Capital Plan and reports to IT Committee. This means it has control over the planning and shaping of projects within the digital content envelope, and also the ability to approve spending on projects to a certain level, or to escalate projects beyond that financial authority to IT Committee for approval. It also recognises that some activities will be funded from outside the University’s Capital Envelope.
A dedicated Programme Manager has been appointed to manage the projects and report to the Board regarding the scheduling of projects, dependencies, risks and so on.
The full current membership of the Board is as follows:
- Richard Ovenden, Bodley's Librarian, Bodleian Libraries (Chair)
- Aruna Bhaugeerutty, Manager of Digital Collections, Ashmolean Museum
- Andrew Bonnie, Chief of Digital Operations, Bodleian Libraries
- Paul Collins, Curator for the Ancient Near East, Ashmolean Museum
- Kathleen Diston, Head of Archives & Library, Museum of Natural History
- Haas Ezzet, Head of IT, Oxford University Museums and Gardens
- Philip Grover, Assistant Curator, Photograph and Manuscript Collection, Pitt Rivers Museum
- Simon Hiscock, Director, Botanic Garden and Harcourt Arboretum
- Stephen Johnston, Deputy Keeper, Museum of the History of Science
- Stuart Lee, Deputy CIO, University of Oxford
- Susan McCormack, Director of Public Engagement, Ashmolean Museum
- Christopher Morton, Curator of Photograph and Manuscript Collections, Pitt Rivers Museum
- Ben Plummer-Powell, Associate Director, Development
- Judith Siefring, Head of Digital Research, Bodleian Libraries
- Jessica Suess, Digital Partnership Manager, Oxford University Museums
- Julia Walworth, Representative of College Librarians