The GLAM Engaged Research Showcase, which took place on 27 November, offered staff and volunteers the opportunity to find out about the wealth of research and the exciting opportunities for public engagement with research across GLAM.
The event was an opportunity to:
- Learn about the origins of animals, bizarre carnivorous plants, and changing 19th-century European attitudes to colour in our lightning talks
- Listen to 3D-printed historic musical instruments, use the power of Wikidata to explore the world’s largest collection of astrolabes, and play an online game and learn about how cutting-edge research was used in its development in our interactive demonstrations
- Play Medieval Islamic Medicine Board Games, explore coin hoards of the Roman Empire, and discover how 3D microscopy can help us see museum specimens differently at a range of information stands
- Take a guided tour of the Talking Maps exhibition
- Spark new ideas with researchers and public engagement experts over informal refreshments.
View the GLAM Engaged Research Showcase programme (pdf)