Privacy Notice - Ashmolean Prize Draw
By entering the prize draw you have provided information about yourself (‘personal data’). We (the University of Oxford*) are the ‘data controller’ for this information, which means we decide how to use it and are responsible for looking after it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and associated data protection legislation.
How we use your data
We will use your data to ensure the rules of the prize draw are adhered to, and to contact you if you win a prize.
We are processing your data for this purpose only because you have given us your consent to do so, by providing your email. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01865 278179. In this event, we will stop the processing as soon as we can. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before your withdrawal of consent.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another related reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose.
Who has access to your data?
Access to your data within the University will be provided only to those who need to view it as part of their work in running the prize draw.
We may share your data with companies who provide services to us, such as for data collection. These companies are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your data in line with our policies. We do not allow them to use your data for their own purposes. We permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Retaining your data
We will retain your data only until the draw has taken place and the prize successfully claimed.
Your data will be held securely in accordance with the University’s policies and procedures. Further information is available on the University’s Information Security webpage.
Where we store and use your data
We store and use your data on University premises, in electronic form.
Electronic data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), for example, when we communicate with you using a cloud based service provider that operates outside the EEA such as Survey Monkey.
Such transfers will only take place if one of the following applies:
- the country receiving the data is considered by the EU to provide an adequate level of data protection;
- the organisation receiving the data is covered by an arrangement recognised by the EU as providing an adequate standard of data protection e.g. transfers to companies that are certified under the EU US Privacy Shield;
- the transfer is governed by approved contractual clauses;
- the transfer has your consent;
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps requested by you prior to entering into that contract; or
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with another person, which is in your interests.
Information on your rights in relation to your personal data can be found on the University's Individual Rights webpage.
If you wish to raise any queries or concerns about our use of your data, please contact us ator Data Protection, Clarendon Building, Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3BG
* The University's legal title is the Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford