Costs may be variable but are usually one-off costs:
- Collaborator costs – expenses may apply for other speakers for a panel
- Curatorial staff time if required, although if the researcher is the speaker then the public engagement or events teams would most likely manage everything else. See section on How much will the PER activity cost? in the GLAM PER Toolkit for further details
- Staffing, e.g. front of house, public engagement, technical services support – although may be given ‘in-kind’. See section on How much will the PER activity cost? in the GLAM PER Toolkit for further details
- Event costs, e.g. orientation signage, design, catering (drinks/food)
- Marketing, e.g. incl. print costs, advertising, press/PR – may be covered via regular GLAM channels
- Evaluation costs, e.g. PER Evaluation Officer time, survey costs (tablet or paper surveys)
- Film & photography
- AV and other equipment hire beyond that provided by the GLAM institution and/or the researcher
- Venue hire – may be given in-kind
Note that this is not an exhaustive list and that these type of activities may incur costs not listed here.
Please contact the relevant team to discuss costs as soon as possible.