Privacy Notice - Museum Youth Forum
We (the University of Oxford*) take your privacy seriously. This leaflet tells you what we are doing with your personal information and how we will keep it safe.
What are you doing with my information?
We use your information to register you as a member of the Youth Forum. We need to use your information in this way because you have asked to become a member of the Youth Forum and we are taking the steps necessary for this to happen. We also process your data to comply with our legal obligation to keep you safe, and to report equal opportunities data to government departments or agencies.
Who is using my personal information?
Only University of Oxford staff who need to see it as part of their work with the Youth Forum will see your personal data.
How long will you keep my information?
We only keep your information for as long as you are eligible to attend the Youth Forum.
How do you keep my information safe?
We store and use your personal information in University buildings and on the University computer network. We follow the University’s policies and procedures to keep it safe.
What are my rights?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is designed to put you in control of how your personal information is collected and used. It gives you these rights:
- See what information we have about you. The right to be informed allows you to ask for full details of the personal information we hold on you.
- Change your information. The right of access allows you to ask us to correct anything that you think is wrong with the personal information we have on file about you.
- Be forgotten. The right to erasure allows you to ask us to delete your personal information. Sometimes it may not be possible for us to delete your information, like if the law tells us we can’t.
- Stop us using your information. The right to object allows you to tell us to stop using your information. We may not be able to stop, if we have a valid reason for continuing.
- Change how your information is used. The right to restrict processing allows you to ask us to only use or store your information for certain purposes.
- Move your information. The right to data portability allows you to ask for and download your personal information electronically, so you can move it, copy it or keep it for yourself. Further information on these rights is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the ICO.
If you wish to ask any questions about our use of your personal information, or exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us at email@example.com or Data Protection, Clarendon Building, Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3BG. You can contact the University’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The University’s legal title is the Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford